Friday, May 14, 2004

Lesson Learned

What lesson? Don't drink two martinis and a glass of wine on an empty stomach, get three hours of sleep and expect to be anywhere near coherent at work the next day. A case of Red Bulls couldn't help me now.

On the bright side? David came over for dinner last night. HammieLove and he got along very well. That makes me happy. Dave and I were great friends in school and have a really good connection. It is funny how after not seeing each other for five years we can just fall into the same comfortable patterns. And it is nice because I was so concerned that he would think I was horrendous with the weight that I gained, but he actually told me I was beautiful. *blush* I haven't heard that in a long time. Cute, yes, beautiful? No. It made me feel really good. We stayed up until 1:30 talking. I have been somewhat of an insomniac lately and it was great to have someone to talk to while I was waiting to get tired.

Then at 3:00 in the morning, I was woken up by a knock at the door. One of HL's friend's wife was at the door. She had woken up to find her husband gone. Their truck was missing and the security guard saw it leave, come back and when he investigated, he said he heard and saw a woman in the truck and when they noticed him looking, it left again. I stayed up with her, trying to think of positive situations that he could have been in, like helping out a friend or something but the fact that he wasn't answering his phone didn't help. It doesn't look good.

When she left at 4:30, I went back to bed for an additional two hours of sleep, bringing my grand total to 3 and a 1/2.

But I am going to the Renaissance Faire with David and another high school friend tomorrow and I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home