Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

5.2 on the Richter scale is pretty impressive. The initial jolt about knocked me off my feet. Luckily, I was at the Recorder's office, which is only on the second floor. I think I would have been a little more freaked out if I had been in my office, which is only on the fifth floor, but in an old building.

One of our high up managers bolted under his desk. It was an appropriate move, but... hee!

I remember in school, we would have earthquake drills where we would have to duck under our desks, foreheads to the ground, hold on to one leg of the desk with one hand and cover the back of our neck with the other. Because that huge chunk of concrete coming right for me is going to miraculously not break my neck because of my hand. *sigh*
Of course, that might have been better than just standing there like I did. It's kind of like a roller coaster! As long as something is not going to bust my melon, I enjoy the ride! I like turbulence in airplanes too. I am a nut.

And some dummy bolted out the door at the Recorder's. That is the WORST thing to do in an earthquake, dummy! Stay inside or you might get a brick dropped on your head!

To give Tornado, Blizzard and Hurricane folks a little perspective, the '89 quake that leveled San Francisco was a 7.1 on the Richter scale.

Time to go home and see if everything is in tact! (And to soothe the freaked out kittens..by the way, Zion comes home tonight!)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home