Thursday, April 22, 2004

When it rains, it pours

Switch responded positively to medicine the first week, but for the last five days or so she has been going downhill. She let us know that it is time to let go, which we will do on Saturday. I take heart in the fact that we didn't give up her and fought for her while she still had fight in her. We have given a happy, if short, life. She will be in a better place. I am so sad but I will be content knowing she is free from her illness.

I'll miss you, Swishy Cat.

In other news, my grandma has terminal live cancer and has less than six months to live. This is her third go round with cancer ( first breast then colon). I almost think that she is ready too. I am making a list of questions to ask her in hopes that I will have less regrets of things I never knew before she was gone. All I can think of is how I am not going to see her on my wedding day. I always imagined me in my white dress hugging my Nan before I walked down the aisle with the smell of her perfume still in my nose.

Oh and my favorite uncle has colon cancer (again) and it may have spread to his liver. He is one of the strongest men I know, a retired one star general from the Air Force, veteran of two wars. I am sure that he will be fine but I am still scared.

Unfortunately, today, I have no bright side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home