Sunday, February 19, 2006

No Easy Way Out

After being found with no pulse and not breathing, blue, with an 88 degree body temperature, the cheating comatose girlfriend woke up on Wednesday, was off the respirator by Thursday, and was released from the hospital yesterday.

I figure the powers that be were not going to let her off that easy.

My friend is going to try to work it out with her. He loves her deeply and he loves her kids like they were his own. His family is not so keen to forgive her, to the point of issuing the ultimatum that it is her or them.

I am having a hard time with the whole thing but my stance is to be supportive regardless. If the man who has been wronged can find it in heart to forgive her, who am I to judge? People make mistakes and most deserve a second chance. The least I can do is support him and kick her ass if she ever does it again.

I am returning the children today. Can I tell you that it is exhausting being a “mommy”? Geez. Showers, school, homework, dinner, bedtime. Good lord. My shrink doesn’t need to give me Ambien to sleep. I just need kids. I am going to miss the little buggers when they go home.

HammieLove was involved in a car accident on the way to the desert yesterday. He and two friends were driving out hauling a trailer full of motorcycles. His friend was driving too fast and lost control of the truck in a turn and sideswiped a semi truck hauling a load of hay. The semi, in turn, hit the trailer and took out MY quad that a friend was borrowing. MY QUAD. *sigh* I guess all the damage is fixable but I am still bummed about it.

In the only good news of the week, I got my iPod working. Oh yeah, I got an iPod!! Even though we had the kids on Valentine’s Day and were not able to go to dinner or anything, HL still surprised me with roses, chocolates, a BEAUTIFUL card (he doesn’t go for that mushy stuff but this one made me cry) and an IPOD!! J He also got some stuff for the bedroom but I’ll keep that to myself. So we managed to have a nice, if subdued, V-day.

I am learning to play guitar. HL has been tinkering with his instruments again and I picked up the guitar and tried to read the tablature. He saw me and sat down and taught me some chords. I can play (poorly) Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi and Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.

I am going to be a rock star! Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home