Thursday, March 30, 2006

Things are going well in Washington. There is definitely an "getting to know you" adjustment thing going on. Which is normal because we have only known each other for about four weeks now but weird because we live together.

I have to remember to not buy multi grain bread and to make sure to pick up after myself. And I am a slob, so the cleaning is a new thing. A welcome thing, but a new one. I am rather proud of myself but it is an easy thing to do with help and easier since I work out of the house.

I love all of our dogs but I miss my cats dearly. Like more than I ever thought I would miss them. I keep hinting about TRYING to introduce a kitten to the dogs but everyone seems to think that they would snack on it. I'll keep trying...

I miss HL more than I thought I would too. That is a whole 'nother adjustment. But when you think about it, I have been with him almost my entire adult life. I had my ENTIRE life planned around him. Movies, songs, TV shows all remind me of him. So I get sad a lot. And try not to show it because that is unnecessary drama but I am still sad.

I know all the haters are saying "You did this to yourself bitch!" Yeah, I know. I recognize that. Just because I deserve it doesn't mean that I am not going to feel the hurt.

Especially when I got the iTunes receipt of the love songs that HL was putting on a CD for his new girlfriend. That stung.

And yes, he has a new girlfriend. He had her about 20 hours after I left. An ex of his that he had talked to a couple of times last year. His family loves her (where they hated me) and apparently she is the best thing since sliced bread.

Which is awesome for him. Really.

So I am lying in the bed that I made. It is not the most comfortable bed but I am content to do my time.

Besides the sadness and the guilt, I am very happy. Todd is so affectionate and loving. He believes in me like no one else ever has. He makes me happy and keeps me happy in every way and I am glad that I am here.

When I have time, I will post about culture shock because OH MAN, did I get culture shocked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home