Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Burn Baby Burn

San Diego is burning again. This time is WAY worse than 2003, personally and county wide. They are predicting the fire will hit the coast by tonight. The winds have died down which is good for the firefighters but really bad for my asthma.

I'm trapped in my house because the smoke is so thick outside. Even in the house I feel like I have weights on my chest. My inhaler is holstered in my jeans and I am praying we don't have to evacuate because I can't breathe when I go outside.

We packed up yesterday and have everything staged by the door so we can leave at a moment's notice.

The Discovery Hills fire that was a couple miles away from us is 100% contained. All of Fallbrook has been evacuated and I just heard that Deer Springs Rd has been evacuated. We are on North Twin Oaks Valley, which connects to Deer Springs, so I am a little concerned about that.

I'll keep everyone updated. Please keep San Diego in your prayers! It mine not seem that bad to the people who aren't living here but this is like being in a war zone. 250,000 homes have been mandatorily evacuated and over 600 structures have been lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home