Wednesday, August 11, 2004

OW.

So I started my new studio on Monday. Can I just say that this makes my old studio look like joke? I COULD. NOT. BELIEVE. some of the techniques that we were doing in the advanced belt class. I almost wish that I had started as a white belt.

I was fine with the 50 jumping jacks. The 60 full sit ups (no crunches here) were a little tough, but I did them. We started doing laps and my asthma kicked in, but I hung in there. I made it though 35 of the 50 push-ups before dropping my knees and finishing them girl style (which was okay, I think. The other girls did girl style.) Roundhouse kicks across the room, no biggie. Machine gun roundhouse kicks (where your leg stays up continuously as you hop across the room kicking) were tough, but okay. Roundhouse low, roundhouse high, jump 360 outer crescent kick, land and jump roundhouse with the other leg.

You want me to do *what*?!

I did it, with difficulty, but this is something that the second degrees don't even do at my old studio. When they started with the 540 jump hook kicks, I threw my hands up and went to get a drink of water. Asthma don't play that.

I am way out of my league.

But I am having fun, so I am going to stick with it. The teachers and students are all really nice. They think my wide eyed amazement at their abilities is funny because it is normal for them. I love doing the complicated aerials and I am looking forward to learning more. I was learning some black belt jiu jitsu and it was BAD. ASS.

I could barely walk yesterday, so the perfect solution was to go to beginner's class that night. I have a schedule of 6 nights of class until I catch up. Mon/Wed - advanced class Tues/Thurs - beginner class, Fri -class for transfer students, Sat-sparring.

And tonight I have to go in and quit my old studio before class at my new studio. Would it be fucked to wear my new uniform to my old studio? Yeah, I thought so too. I will have the pants on because I won't have time to change, but I won't wear the jacket. I am telling the Hypocrite where I am going, so it is not like I have to keep it a secret.

J (my co worker) is pissing me off today. I was grumbling about being sore (my ribs are sore...are there even muscles OVER you ribs?) and asked her about rib muscles. She was like, "Drama! You are always complaining about something! blahblahblah"

Hello? Kettle? This is the pot. You're black.

"Drama!" coming from the alcoholic who fell off the wagon Monday night, who is constantly breaking/making up with her rock star boyfriend. Who I have had to drive home from jail/to court/to doctor? I am grumbling about my sore abs and THAT is drama? It is not even really grumbling, more of "I am so excited about this new studio that I want to talk about it at every chance."

I am going to go get a protein shake for lunch...

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenTuna said...

There are muscles *between* your ribs. The intercostal muscles help the ribs expand as the diaphragm contracts so your lungs have enough space to fill up with air. Why do I know? It's all about the singing, baby!! PS -- Your class sounded like alot of fun! ~GT

2:17 PM  
Blogger Hammie said...

It is fun, no matter how much I bitch about it!

Thanks for the anatomy lesson. I couldn't believe that I am literally sore in muscles I didn't know I had. I wonder if the soreness is from breathing so hard or from the situp? Prolly a combo of both...

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home