Friday, July 30, 2004

When it rains, it pours.

I am about ready to push my car down a canyon. In July alone, I had a flat tire, locked my keys in my car (not the car's fault, but still) and had to deal with a fickle battery. Dead one minute, fine the next.

This morning, I went to start my car and the silent alarm (that I don't use) decided to engage itself. The key fobs are out of batteries and for some reason, the bypass switch wasn't working. My engine just would not start. HL took me to the bus station to take the express bus downtown, but I had missed the last bus. So I had to wait for HL to take care of some work business (which consisted of picking up a truck an hour away and bringing back to get the tires done at a shop by our house) and then he took me to work. I was, oh, 2 1/2 hours late for work. BossMan was cool about it and thank god, LadyBoss was on a plane to Seattle, so I didn't have to deal with her.

On the bright side, I had time to straighten my hair and do my make-up. So I feel sexy today. Which is important when one is going to get all sweaty at Tae Kwon Do testing. I got my nails done yesterday to match my new belt. It started as a good luck thing when I was a yellow belt, so I have gone through fluorescent orange, lime, green, blue, purple and red nails. But it is hard to explain to your manicurist when you want brown nails with a black stripe down the middle (which is what my next belt will look like).

I have to catch the bus home and then rush to testing. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home