Monday, November 08, 2004

Yeah, well, apparently I didn't "fit in." I think this stems from the concerns I shared this morning about the Controlling Controller who had exclusive knowledge of the server and other aspects of the computer system. She scolded me this morning for fixing my own printer and said that she was the only one who was "allowed" to work on the the CPU's. I metioned to the boss that it was a dangerous situation to only have one person with the knowledge...what happens if she got critically ill? I volunteered to learn some of the basics so I could help out in case of an emergency.

I guess that was not "fitting in."

The office was poorly managed and he didn't seem to want to do anything about it. Fitting in to them is sitting quietly while everything self destructs or deteriorates into chaos.

They saved me from having to quit. I was discussing doing just that when I had lunch with HL 15 minutes before the "talk."

So if anyone knows of any jobs, let me know...

1 Comments:

Blogger TVJ said...

What ever happened with that special event gig? Did they ever fill the position? You are an outside the box kinda person, I don't think you'll ever be happy at a place that wants to put you in a pigeon hole and keep you there. Even if you fail, you need to be where you can at least TRY.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home