Wednesday, November 03, 2004

GreenTuna said...

I'd be all for making the best of it. Working in a bipartisan fashion. Striving for the betterment of every human on this planet. But then I see who is in the White House... And I count the number of Supreme Court Justices about to retire... And I fear greatly for women's rights, freedom of religion, freedom of expression, the advancement of scientific research to cure cancer and diabetes... and the list goes on and on. All I can say is to the Republicans who now control the House, the Senate and the White House...PLEASE prove me wrong. Then you can happy dance, shake your booty and wave like you just don't care all day long. And I'll join you.


Considering I am pretty moderate about a lot of things (and downright liberal about a couple of things), I understand your trepidation. I also trust that our President, his Cabinet, and Congress are going to look out for the best interests of Americans at large.

I am pro-life. Would I want Roe v. Wade overturned? Nope. Do I think it would actually ever happen? Nope. No one wants to see history repeat itself with back alley abortions and the like.

I am pro gay marriage. In my opinion, that falls in line with the "less government" train of thought. I think Bush is off his rocker with the amendment idea. I also think that HE knows it is never going to happen and he can keep the extremely conservative side the GOP happy by being so vocal about it.

I am pro-stem cell research. Hell, California just passed a bill that would make our state the leaders in funding for stem cell research and I voted for it. I have a friend with MS that could benefit greatly from the research and my vote was a vote for her. I don't think the government can stop this movement. Our society loves technology and nothing will get in the way of learning, not even Bush.

I feel like Bush stepped up in a time when America needed him most. I love the fact that he sticks by his convictions, whether I agree with them or not. I love the First Lady. I like the fact that W is a little goofy and I feel confident looking beyond the goofy because I think he has surrounded himself with a strong Cabinet.

If Obama runs for President in '08, if he and I agree on a majority of things, I may vote for him because I get a good vibe when I see him speak.

This whole tirade was to say, "I hear you!" and I will be hoping for the best with you. A united America is possible. I hope that the healing can start now.

3 Comments:

Blogger TVJ said...

I will hope for the best, and plan for the worst. I don't trust "W" in the least. Not one little bit. In fact, he scares the shit out of me. I could go on and on for days on the reasons, but this is YOUR blog, not mine. Suffice it to say that I will try to keep hope alive in this stoney, cynical heart of mine .. and I will call the administration out on the carpet every .. single .. time .. that they fuck up.

Oh. AND I LOVE YOU, HAMMIE!

xoxTVJxox

4:05 PM  
Blogger GreenTuna said...

Awww, Hammie. I think the most important thing is that we all NEED TO care, all day long. I sure hope you're right about all those issues. Thus far, I don't share your optimism, but I sure as hell share your hope. I suppose only time will tell. *smooches* GreenTuna

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey homie : )

man, do I try to be optimistic. It can be difficult at times. Somehow I keep coming back to two things, one is that I feel that freedom of religion/separation of church and state are at risk. Second, the Project for a new American Century scares the hell out of me.

-X

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home