Wednesday, November 03, 2004

COMEUPPANCE

I know all the results aren't in yet, but since it looks good (and feel free to make fun of me later if things turn around!)...

After a YEAR of getting attacked when I stated I was a Republican...

After a YEAR of getting bullied over issues I believe in...

After a YEAR of getting every bullshit propaganda email forwarded to me...

After FOUR YEARS of hearing people like Michael Moore, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon scream and whine about a "fake" president, popular vote, corruption in Florida, blahblahblah bitchcakes...

After FOUR YEARS of having to defend myself to my liberal "friends" (some of which I have recently found out deserve to be put in quotes), of having to combat people calling me stupid, weak, and a lot of other mean things...

I have one thing to say....

*pppppppppppbbbbbbbbbbbtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff*

Even IF Kerry pulls out Ohio and wins, which would be a miracle, the 4 million votes aren't there to give him the popular vote. So are the people that have been saying that Bush is "fake" because he didn't win the popular in 2000 going to say that THEIR president is fake too?

Probably not.

Although I think it would be EXTREMELY ironic if Kerry won by a contested state and Bush won the popular vote. Even I, a conservative, can see the humor in that.

I let it be known that I am a Republican but I DO NOT jump down peoples throats if they tell me they are a liberal. I enjoy healthy debate and love to engage in educated debates with people I know. I will also walk away, agreeing to disagree, without hard feelings. I was always on the receiving end of emails mocking my President. I didn't send them out because frankly, I don't give a damn.

There is such a (or was, I am not sure how those numbers came out) drought of voters my age; too many kids who are complacent when it comes to important issues and their voice regarding them. I told all of my friends, "I don't care WHO you vote for, just VOTE!" I have a friend who voted for President based on her feelings about ONE issue. She made her decision based on an issue that was important for her, and while a little unorthodox, I love that she didn't get paralyzed by the glut of other issues and not vote at all.

Anyway, I know I am in the minority of my blogger friends as far politics go, so I will resume my normal ADD-fueled babble about HammieLove and the other crises that are affecting me this week, but I wanted a second to gloat. Just know that if Kerry would have won, I would have supported him as President because I think that it is important to unite as a country.

And if he becomes the Ohio Miracle Man, you all can *pppbbbtttttfffff* right back at me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home