Monday, November 28, 2005

Because I got High, because I got high, Because I got Hi-gh...

The first time I ever got high was when I was 16 and a junior in high school. My high school love, David, smoked me out one day when we were hanging out at our friend Adam's house. I didn't think that it was going to work at first because nothing happened for the longest time. Then, I noticed how funny the little dough bubbles on my pizza were. Then I thought that my toes had disappeared and I had to lay on the couch with my feet up in the air so I could see them.

Then I realized I was high.

David and Adam started asking me questions and I would think of the answer in my head, but didn't feel like answering them. I would just giggle. I didn't speak for over two hours, which is a total feat for me.

That was nine years ago. In that time, I have maybe gotten high 15 times. I would much rather drink.

This weekend, in the desert, my boyfriend's cousins were there. Their whole camp was awesome, a perfect contrast to the family drama and stress that was going on at my camp. Beginning at about two in the afternoon, every time I walked by someone's trailer, they would hand me a drink. We would drink beer, do shots, hang out. I was buzzing hard for most of the afternoon and evening.

Then someone brought out the bubbler. I was feeling GREAT so when they offered me a hit I said," What the hell?"

OH. MAN.

So I am a total lightweight to begin with and I have never been stoned and drunk at the same time. I was sitting on the jamb of the open driver side door of this guy's truck. He was in the driver seat and my cousin and her friend were sharing the passenger seat. All of sudden, I tapped Roberta (cousin's friend) on the shoulder and whispered "Hold on!" as I grabbed her hand. "Why?" she whispered back.

"Because we are going to fall off!" I had one arm linked through the steering wheel and was trying to get my feet off the ground so I wouldn't fall off the carousel that the truck was on. It wasn't a fast spin or a spin that was making me dizzy, we were just spinning. Round and round.

I thought I was going to fall over and make a fool out of myself, so I went to bed.

So that was the best experience of the weekend. What about you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the power of the dark side.

-x

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home