Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I think I need to change my blog description. There is nothing corporate about me now. Unless you count "coporate drop-out."

I am still looking on the bright side.

Certain things are going my way, if you catch my drift.

I have gotten NO sleep this week but it was all done voluntarily. Two of my friends from the karate studio, BB and SS have become my friends outside of the studio. Since BB was going back to school this week, we went on a partying binge last week. Twice to the club and just out past 2 the other two nights. I barely saw HammieLove at all because our schedules kept conflicting. I am really not used to partying that much but it was definitely fun while it lasted. Especially on Sunday night when we went to a local club on the beach. We danced ourselves silly until 2am and went and jumped in the ocean to cool off afterwards. I went in my boy shorts and top and BB skinny dipped for the first time in her life (she is only 18 but still...) SS (who is a guy) had a fun time watching, I'm sure, but he was brooding about another girl that he digs. I haven't done something crazy like that in a long time and it was so MUCH fun. I love having good and caring friends. And they have my back too! SS is a third degree black belt and world champion martial artist and he is one of the best fighters I have ever seen. He is also sweet and cute too! (Jeez, it is like a personal ad!) BB is a first degree black belt and she is also going to be my senior (or mentor) when start training for my black belt in February. She is also a big fan of Karaoke Revolution, which is another way we pass time!

*whew* One A.M. friendwank! :) It has been nice to have drama-free fun again.

My new meds are working well (can you tell?) Less temper and this is the first night of insmonia I have had in two weeks. HL has definitely been able to see a difference and I know that it has helped him see my points on certain issues because I have been able to present my feelings in a less emotional way. I am glad that he is coming around and to feel his support. I truly have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world. Not everyone can say that --hell there are times when I don't FEEL like saying it -- but it is true. He is loving, kind, supportive, and cute! :) I am lucky and I love him very much.

My best friend from high school that I wrote off in June due to TOO MUCH DRAMA (happens a lot to me...at least my life is never boring, right?) called me this week and left a mesage. I suppose getting closure (or renewal) of our friendship was her New Year's Resolution. I haven't called her back yet because I am not quite sure what I going to say but I think I will tomorrow. It took a lot for her to make contact after six months so I guess I can take the next step. Plus, a lot has happened in six months! My diagnosis and treatment, the subsequent 30 lbs of weight loss, new jobs, new karate studio, new and improved friends. She also moved to New Hampshire and the baby is over a year old, so I know things are different in her life. It would be nice if we could reconcile.

I am going to try and update more. I picked up a new family to nanny for (RICH family...) so I will have a little less time but more money! I am also doing 4-5 classes a week of karate and I started training for Nationals last week, which adds 3 and a half more hours of training on Saturday. I am getting my ass KICKED (I should take a pic of my arm...one of the police officers that works out at the gym offered to pay a call to our house before I told him that one of our fighters bruised me up during sparring) but I am having fun. Three of the senseis that I train with have told me that I have good fighting instincts and should be in top form by April. Also, I am getting into really good physical shape really quickly. I think I'll take before and after pictures! My goal is to look like Jennifer Garner so I can be Elektra for Halloween! (BTW, forget what the critics have said and check out the movie -- it rocked!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger GreenTuna said...

I'm so glad things are going better for you! Keep up the hard training, and I'm sure you'll be able to beat us all up with one hand tied behind your back.

4:19 AM  
Blogger TVJ said...

Woo Hoo! So glad things are looking up. Keep up the good work, and keep looking on the bright side.

xox

7:18 AM  
Blogger GreenTuna said...

So, since you are my source of exercise inspiration (not that I've done anything about that, mind you...) how is the training going? Write when you have time!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home