Monday, January 03, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend! I spent the weekend in the desert with my desert family. A great new addition to my desert family was members of my REAL family -- my big sis and her hubby and two girls drove out from AZ to spend the weekend with us. The even better news was that they LOVED it and are now planning on buying a toy hauler, dune buggy and motorcycles! My nieces were absolute naturals on the little dirt bikes that we borrowed for them. They can't wait to go to school and show off their battle scars from all the little tumbles they took. We are so proud of them! I never thought that my OCD big sister would love being in a place that makes complete cleanliness impossible but she was totally at home in her do-rag and desert clothes. I used their bathroom to wash my hair (a girl has got to draw the line somewhere, right?) and I was stressed about getting some dirt on the floor (I am telling you she is ANAL) but when I went to go get the little sweeper thingy, she told me not to worry about it! You could have knocked me over with a feather.

We had such a great time.

I am excited about the new year. I want this to be the best year of my life. I have a job (or jobs) that I love and that I am good at. I have an ambition as far as becoming a personal trainer that I am passionate about. I have the man of my dreams and a family that loves me. It WILL be a good year.

To kind of nudge the good year along, or at least get it off to a good start, I am going back to the shrink. My ADD meds have made my temper go awry and have made my anxiety levels sky rocket. I thought that the depression and other things that were bothering me last year were due to my undiagnosed ADD but I now seeing that those things are still under the surface and causing me to be a different person -- a person that I don't necessarily like. I know how clear I think when I am on my meds but I almost think that I would give that up to be the mellow, laid back kind of girl I was before. I know that HammieLove misses that girl too. I hate to think that I am going to have to take a medication for anxiety, or depression, or both, on top of my ADHD meds. I am hoping the my doc will be able to find alternate methods or medications that will be able to fix me without having to turn my system into a medicine cabinet.

I am considering going on the Feingold diet. It is a diet that eliminates preservatives and other chemicals from your daily eating habits. The Feingold diet has proven an effective way to treat children with ADHD, high functioning autism (HFA), and other neurological disorders. Some children don't need meds while they are following the FD. It has not proved as effective as medication with adults because our neurotransmitters are more hard wired since we are older and it is more difficult to affect their functioning without stimulants or other drugs. I figure since I am going to be a personal trainer and pushing myself to get into the proper shape for that, eating a more natural and organic diet can't be a bad thing in any case.

I found a picture of me from this time last year that I will post later. HL grabbed and shoved it in my face and asked "Do you see a difference now?" This time last year, I was 30 pounds heavier. I look at other pictures and I don't see the difference. This one I was able to. I'll post the before and after in another post.

We are off to see Meet the Fockers. I wasn't a HUGE fan of Meet the Parents, but I'll give this one a shot since HL really wants to see it. I want to see Spanglish. Or Lemony Snicket. I just found out that I have Wednesday off though, so maybe I will have a matinee marathon and see all the movies I want to see. Then I'll come home and wait anxiously for a new episode of Lost and ....


ALIAS SEASON PREMIERE BABY!!! WOOHOO!!

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenTuna said...

Lemony Snickett was awesome. TinyTuna absolutely loved it!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are no longer part of Born Dirty Industries your e-mail has been revoked and you will be removed from the website as well.
To read anything further from Born Dirty you can read the bdi e-mail at the yahoo address.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home