Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Motherfucker

The Amazing Race is one of my all time favorite shows. Reality fan or not, this show is well edited, well produced, and well cast.

Until this season.

One of the teams, Jonathan and Victoria, is a textbook abusive couple. The wife, Victoria, has cowered in fear and even flinched out of the way of a raised from her husband, a Napoleonic dickwad. Tonight, after Victoria was slowed in their footrace for first place by stopping to pick up her husband's pack for fear of having it stolen from where he dropped it in the street of a touristy part of Berlin, after Victoria was crying hysterically -- either from stress, fatigue, asthma, or (my theory) fear, this little dickwad hit her. "only" in the pack or it might have been a "push" but he took threatening and physical action towards another human.

Coming from someone who has been abused, that's abuse in my book.

And from what I can see, there was no disciplinary action taken.

I wrote to CBS and their parent company, Viacom. I will be contacting my local affiliate station also. It's not that I think CBS shouldn't have SHOWN the footage -- it is reality TV after all and now this guy is exposed for the whole world to recognize his asshattiness-- I think that they need to 1. Have better shrinks in their casting process 2. Have stricter rules about violence 3. Have shown immediate -- even if it had to be added on as a PSA or something similar-- disapproval and disciplinary action about the treatment of women.

I also went to the Asshats website and sent him this:

Who can whine like a bitch one second and abuse their wife in the next?
Got a mirror handy?
No one edited that one in, baby, that was all you.
Here's an idea...why don't you come down to San Diego and show me what a real man you are? Shove me like that and see where it gets you.
I sincerely hope Victoria gets the help she needs. And I hope she gets a man who can prove he is macho without having to physically intimidate a woman or over-compensate for his small dick by driving a Ferrari. That go-cart was perfect for a Napoleonic motherfucker like you.
Karma's a bitch dude...

I hope that this episode doesn't taint the TAR love.

2 Comments:

Blogger TVJ said...

Mandy, I agree with you whole-heartedly. When I saw that shove last night, my weary eyes bugged open and I thought "ok, Phil's gonna say something" .. but all that we saw was Phil telling Asshat to go talk to Victoria. Was it a shove? Or was it a swing that turned into a shove because he realized at the last minute that he was, in fact, on camera? I am holding out hope that the Asshat gets his in the end. It's fairly obvious that he is completely without moral character, he is definitely mentally abusive and I believe he's physically abusive.

I join you in your outrage.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. He almost hit her in episode two. I thought Phil was going to boot him off. I hope they (producers) actually do something about this because I am seriously considering not watching the show again. I, too, have written CBS letting them know that I was very offended by Jonathan's behavior and the producer's lack of judgement in airing the constant berating, exessive belittling, and now "the shove".

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home