Sunday, December 05, 2004

Bah Humbug

I was kind of afraid that this was going to happen this year too and I think that it is.

I have absolutely no Christmas spirit.

Maybe the fact that I don't have a job and therefore don't have any money has something to do with it. But I can't even get up the desire to put up my lights or go shopping for a tree. Ho-hum.

I am working on one present for HammieLove. Since we usually go overboard on each other at holidays, I am trying to do my best to avoid it by giving him something sentimental. The man has a HUGE Rubbermaid bin in our guest closet full of old championship hockey team t-shirts and jerseys. These shirts were the bane of my existence before I packed them away and they still taunt me by taking up an inordinate amount of space in the closet.

So I cut them to pieces.

*gasp*

No, silly, I am turning the shirts into a big old quilt. Now, I have never quilted before but that shouldn't be a problem, right? I have been hauling the shirts with me to my nanny gig and staying up late to do the layout and everything without him knowing. And once the squares are machine stitched together, I am going to hand-quilt the thing.

If I didn't think I was crazy before, I know I am now.

Ho-Ho-Ho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home