Monday, September 26, 2005

SHIFT

I put my notice in at my job today.

I know, I know, ANOTHER job for Hammie?

A friend of mine offered me a job at his small but successful (and growing!) vaporizer company. His assistant/office manager was a total mess and when she quit out of the blue on Friday, he asked me if I wanted the job. We had been discussing my coming aboard sometime next year but things got pushed up a bit when she quit.

Also, my current boss is an asshole. I am happy to get out of here.

M (my new boss) has known me since I was 16. He has been HammieLove's best friend since high school. He knows about my ADD, he knows about all my annoying little habits. He actually hired me to sell cars for him when I was 18. He is really excited about this and so am I.

My current boss? Not so much. He freaked because he has given me some important things to do over the past couple of weeks (all of which will be done before I leave). He started breathing in and out through his nose really fast, like a bull before the charge. I was hoping that he would tell me not to bother with notice but he wants to use up every bit of me that he can.

So that is what is new with me!

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenTuna said...

Best of luck with the new job!

11:50 AM  
Blogger TVJ said...

So, is that first comment SPAM? I'm confused.

Congrats on the new gig. I do need to ask, though. what the heck is a 'vaporizer company'?

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home