Friday, September 09, 2005

AWWWWWW!

A little history lesson...

HammieLove and I met the summer before my senior year of high school. I was 16, dating David, and getting ready to head off to a summer theater school. Due to some familial issues, I hadn't seen my oldest sister, B, in six years. I was spending the week with her before I left for the summer. We were running errands and she had to stop by and pick up a check from her roommate. When he came out, my heart simply stopped.

"That's the guy I am going to marry." That was the thought that ran through my head.

It was a completely unlikely thing, of course. I was 16, he was 28. I had a boyfriend I loved (though we broke up a week later...). He is not my type. But man, I fell and fell hard.

Anyway, we became good friends. He admits now that he had a crush on me but felt it was inappropriate. We hung out when I was at my sister's and talked sometimes over the phone. I sent him a birthday present that included some of my senior pictures. On the back of one, I wrote:

"So when are you marrying me?"

We didn't start dating until well after my 18th birthday and have been together ever since. Except for that one day, but whatever.

We were looking through some HL's old pictures yesterday and we found that picture. I am pretty sure that the proposal is coming soon and thought that the picture was just so cute. And prophetic as it were.

I am so lucky to have him. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger GreenTuna said...

Happy not really anniversary but really just a nice story!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home