Wednesday, November 05, 2003

The new Dark Tower book came out this week, THe Wolves of Calla. If you are fan of fantasy/scifi or Stephen King, then you MUST run, not walk to your nearest library or book store and get these books. They are definitely addicting. King began writing the first book, The Gunslinger, when he was around 18 or 19. A collective gasp went from the Dark Tower fans when he was hit by a car a couple of years ago. We were sure that our series would never be finished. Luckily, he realized this too and sat down and finished it, thank goodness! I haven't gotten the Wolves yet since I am reading the first four again to catch me up. This stuff is as addicting as Harry Potter (How sad was I when Sirius died? I SOBBED into my book for the last 100 pages or so, hoping that Harry would figure out a way to bring him back and someone else would die. Anyone else, just not Sirius. He was the coolest character!)

Speaking of HP, I was eagerly anticipating this month because "The Prisoner of Azkaban" movie (my fave book in the series) was supposed to come out, right? WRONG. They are saving it for the summer blockbuster blitz. I guess the new director is really focused on the special effects (They spent 8 months solely on the dementors). This is not a bad thing, since the flying scenes in the first two were kind of lame (especially Soreceror's Stone, I was so disappointed).

I have had a good couple of days. HammieLove is sick, so I have been Super Careteaker Hammie! Nyquil, split pea soup, and clean sheets. I am happy to report that with the help of FlyLady, I have cooked dinner four nights in a row (not counting the desert), the kitchen is sparkling when I go to bed, at least 2 loads of laundry are done every night, and my house looks pretty presentable! I feel very good about myself. So good that I rewarded me with a Gap Peacoat that I ordered yesterday. I can't wait to get it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home