Thursday, August 19, 2004

I guess I should mention that I composed the previous post at 1 am. I couldn't sleep on Tuesday night (actually, I DIDN'T sleep at all) and I thought that if I wrote down all the junk that was going through my mind, it would help me settle down and sleep and the previous post was the result of that. It didn't work but I am glad that I wrote that because I like it.

I went to karate class last night, after having NO sleep, with the "touch me" stuff on my mind. I had a couple interesting conversations with people online about the touching and some of the fun stuff that results from the touching. *looks at G* So I worked out in beginner class and I was just going to watch the advanced class, but they had uneven numbers when they paired up for warm-ups, so I jumped in to help out. Sensei Bartlett had us working some break away Krav Maga stuff and since another person joined the class after I did, there were uneven numbers again. Sensei Bartlett came to work with me since I am injured and he didn't anyone to hurt me.
The grab that I had to break away from was a throat grab.

Did I mention that Sensei Bartlett is young and good looking? And now his hand is at the base of my neck with his thumb tucked into the hollow of my throat.

Thank God I was already red from working out because I was blushing furiously. I could not keep my mind out of the gutter. I was supposed to be working on breaking away and to be honest, that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Senseis are supposed to be old, wizened Chinese men" I muttered.

I think Sensei sensed what I was thinking because he seemed like he was getting a kick out of the whole thing. I couldn't even look him in the eyes.

Paralyzing shyness is not something that I experience often.

After we all stopped choking each other ( the technique was REALLY cool and I am glad that I learned it, but I think I would rather practice either with a girl or with HammieLove) we circled up for circle sparring. I thought it would be light contact because no one put sparring gear on.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

I was in charge of calling numbers because I can't spar. One person is in the middle and I would call a number of someone making the circle and they would jump in and fight the person in the middle. I called a number and the guy jumped in and started fighting Sensei Bartlett.

*wham*

Sensei Bartlett kicks the guy FULL force in the leg. They just start BRAWLING. Full contact, no pads. As different people jumped in, they just started going at it. Wrestling, jiu jitsu, just full out fighting. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen. You could hear the hits landing on thighs, stomachs, heads.

It was nuts. And you have to fight like that at testing. I found out last night that I will not be advanced testing for at least a year.

Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home