Saturday, September 18, 2004

That's me. Hi, world!!

I got a picture phone yesterday so y'all can expect some photo-y goodness from now on.

Wednesday was my last day at work, which is why I have been so quiet lately. Even before my last day, I was super busy training the new assistant.

My last day was sort of sad. BossMan didn't even really say goodbye. He did give me football tickets, which was the trade for extra training for the new girl but they were supposed to be his 50 yard line seats and they are NOT. I wanted to throw them back at him but I want to go to the game more, so I didn't. LadyBoss sniffled and all, she gave me a nice crystal heart shaped bowl thing and a card. She is also throwing me a dinner party on the 28th, so that will be nice. Tara, my replacement, was more upset than anyone. She took me out to Happy Hour. Only a few people from the office showed. We all thought it was because people still weren't realizing that I was LEAVING because I was sort of sudden. We had a nice happy hour though and I am really glad that I met her. At least I got a new friend out of the whole deal!! :)

I had three interviews on Thursday. The first one was really cool. It lasted two hours. I met with HR and then I was interviewed by the guy who would be my boss. I could tell he would be a hard task master but also really nice. It is a good balance. The officer is also a mile from my house, which would be AWESOME after commuting an hour each way for two years. The money is not as much as I want, but I would take it because of the lack of commute. I haven't heard back from them yet, which has me a little worried, but I got a really good feeling from the boss. The only thing that I counting against me is that they wanted intermediate Excel skills, which I don't have.

Second interview was a waste of time. The lady didn't shake my hand when I met her, the toehr women in the office gave me death stares when I walked by, the interviewer talked in this pseudo whisper the whole time and then I find out the position is actually receptionist, with a little of "everybody's slave" thrown in. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Thanks but no thanks!

The third interview was here:

The place is a country club and it is BEAUTIFUL. The inside looks like a the keep of the castle. It is supposed to be the San Diegan answer to Tuscany but I think it is more medieval than that. There is even a bell tower with a working bell!! The interview was held on the patio overlooking the golf course. As soon as I read the job description (assistant to the General Manager, plan social events for the member, oversee the hiring and supervision of the concierge) I handed it back to the HR guy and said, "You can hire me now." It is the perfect job for me! The days are not so perfect because I would have to work Saturdays (severely cutting into the desert time...) but for this job, I would work 24/7. Luckily, they liked me as much as I liked them and I have a second interview with the Would-Be Boss on Tuesday at 3:00. Wish me luck!!

Tomorrow I will send out a million more resumes and keep hoping for the best!

*hugs* to all of you and I hope I will be back online soon!! :)


Blogger TV Junkie said...

First of all, check you out, you little cutie-pie! HA! And hella good job on the interviews. I am crossing my fingers and toes that you get the job of your dreams out of this whole experience.

Knock 'em Dead ..

Only .. not really, okay?


6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home