Thursday, February 03, 2005

Naughty School Girl Slideshows

Someone found this site by searching that. Yeah, I have no idea...

This week has been total karmic retribution for my braggery about being in a bikini in January. I have been FLAT on my back since Saturday night. The whole on/off being a little under the weather thing went full blown ON and decimated me. No work, no karate, no fun. HammieLove has been an absolute angel. Taking care of me (which consists of keeping me doped up on Nyquil, letting me hog the couch and the remote and going on taco runs to Del Taco because that was the only thing that tempted my appetite for three days.), taking care of the house. I was achy, coughy, had swollen glands, feverish, had the chills...I was a wreck! I am feeling better now but the cough is lingering and is definitely going to get in the way of testing for my green stripe on Saturday. TOTAL BUMMER. I have been busting my ass and I get sick (and break my toe again-whole 'nother story) the week before testing.

A temp agency that I sent my resume to in August of last year called me with a couple of awesome opportunities for work. I haven't been looking for anything since I am pretty happy at the gym but these jobs are offering up to $20/hour. SWEET. I told my account executive to get me the interviews and I would see where it went from there. HL has been extremely patient with my part time routine but I feel like I am screwing around. Leaving to go party when he is going to bed at 9pm feels a little wrong. I have it out of my system and I could still go out occasionally but I think I am ready to re-enter responsible adulthood. Besides, if paying for my meds out of pocket didn't impress the need for medical insurance on me, the fact that I couldn't go to the doctor this week because it was too expensive and the wait at the clinic was four hours sure drove the point home.

A high point of the week was that my mom and dad came down and brought me a present...my very own Smith and Wesson 9mm semi auto handgun. I LOVE THIS GUN! I have been begging my dad for it for years and he finally relented. It's a beauty. I can't wait to get to the range.

Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenTuna said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Take care and get better soon!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, tigger with a gun. I consider myself warned.
-x

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home