Saturday, February 12, 2005

Rainy Days

Mother Nature is once again soaking Southern California. I like the rain and we need it so it has been very welcome. Except for tonight because the black belts that are testing had to run in the rain. Since I was at the studio and they were odd numbered (buddy system!) I ended up running the two mile course with one of the girls that hurt her leg during fighting. I figured that I could use the exercise. :) The fighting was brutal with a couple of people getting bloodied up and a couple others getting injured. Nothing serious (thank God) and the poor black belts still have another 12 hours. This is the first time they did an overnight testing and I know that they still had some fighting left to do when I left at 8 o'clock.

I have been training super hard this week and I think that I will continue at this pace. I have been taking Krav Maga on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Krav is a really intense hand to hand combat style of fighting that is used by the Israeli Special Forces. I am hoping that it will help with my fighting. The whole time I was in class on Thursday, as I was hitting the bags, I was thinking, "That [my ass whooping at testing] will never happen again. I will never let that happen again." I am ready to fight, ready to go and I can't wait for sparring class next weekend.

In other aspects of my life, things are going well. I went and got pictures done at the mall yesterday as part of my V-day present to HammieLove. Meagan loved them -- I am just okay with them. I'll be happy to send a copy to interested parties! I figured out what I am going to wear to dinner and I think it is going to knock his socks off. I'll try to get pictures of that too. HL has been down for the past couple of days with the flu but I think he is still planning on taking me to this nice steakhouse downtown.

Well, I'm off. It has been a long day and I have to be back at the studio tomorrow morning. All the brown belts have to show up to cook the black belts breakfast.

Au revoir!

1 Comments:

Blogger TVJ said...

I am exhausted just reading about your schedule! I think I need a nap now.

Good luck. Have fun. And happy v-day.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home